Friday, June 25, 2010

Hello Summer, Hello Garden



For my going away gift the Librarian gave me this big basket of gardening supplies! I'm so excited for summer and time to work in my garden. My plan is to get up early every morning and do my 3 mile walk and then go out and work in my garden. My garden is mostly flowers, I have sunflowers, roses, zinnias, Lillie's, Daisy's, Blanket Flowers, Black Eyed Susan's, Cone Flowers, and more. I like to go out and weed in the early morning and then again in the evening. Lately I've been going out at night and hunting down the bugs that have been eating some of my plants. This evening I got some Japanese beetles.

Here is one of my Lillies. I think the bee's have been busy see all the yellow pollen. Lillies are one of those plants that if you are teaching children the parts of the flower make it easy to point out all the parts. One thing that I like to do is take photo's all during the summer and then make cards with the photo's. This year I'm going to make packs of cards and then give them as Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment