Thursday, June 3, 2010

14 days/ sadness and silliness






















OK 14 days left. It was a day 4. I got to check my daughters class out for the last time. The children are allowed to take out only one book. How many books? ONE BOOK. It is amazing how many come up with two books. Why only one book? Why? Because the library is closing down for the summer.
I again had tons of books to shelve, still shifting those shelves. I Was faster at putting them away though.
Sadness: Another employee found out they are not going to have their job next year. I feel like half the employees will be gone next year, either from being let go or retirement. Ugh. It just breaks my heart. What is worse is that the people losing their job's now have had their names put in a hat, if your name doesn't get pulled out you lose your job. It's just sad. There will be a lot of changes next year. Perhaps it's good I'm getting out before all the changes. No concerts, no 6 day cycle. Many changes are coming.
Silliness: Look at the photo of me! I bought these fake glasses because I've always pictured a Library assistant to have glasses, and look a little nerdy. My daughter said Mom don't wear them when my class comes in. I didn't. But did get the photo taken. I may have to get one more where I'm sitting up straighter. Maybe I can get my hair into a bun too.
Can I get all the work done? The photo's of the book shelves are my work, I'm relabeling. I'm not sure that I can get all these books relabeled before the end. I need to do two shelves a day to get it completed, along with all my other work. The librarian thinks I'll get it done, MMMM.... I'm not sure. I'll let you know if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment