Wednesday, June 2, 2010

15 days














Books, Books and more books to put away. This week is the last week that the students can take books out. They are allowed only one book now. The 4th grade used to get two books and a magazine, the 3rd Grade got two books and a magazine, the 2nd grade got two books, the 1st grade got 2 books (this was the first year of doing this and next year they will only get one book again as their will be no assistant.) and the kindergarten got one book. The books shelves are beginning to get tight and I spend a lot of time shifting the shelves to make books fit. It took forever to put the books away.
Yesterday was day 3, a normal 3 class day. Check out 4th grade, write up yellow slips, put books and magazines away, and then I labeled 60 easy fiction books. Of course I found some books I had to read, so again took some books home.
I will try to do a post later with some books that I have read. I will miss putting books away. It is relaxing, and in the process I see books that I would like to read, or look interesting. I'll miss helping children find books that are fun to read. I will really really miss working with children.
I look forward to maybe working more hours next year. I look forward to learning new things and meeting new people. I hope at some point I'll get to work with children again.

No comments:

Post a Comment