Saturday, June 19, 2010

2 days left, time to fix some books.
















With 2 days left I started my day by fixing the books that I had piled up over the last few months. The first task was to go through and see what was wrong with the books. Some just needed their pages taped up, other need to have some serious work done.



What do you need to fix a book? Rubber bands, book tape, tacky glue, a paper clip, and scissors.
In this photo the book's pages are coming apart. This book's pages are held together by string, and when that starts to break, the pages start falling out. What I did, was to take a paper clip and open it up, I put glue on the paper clip and dragged it along the inside of the book. Then I fit the page back into the book, shut it and wrapped it in rubber bands. Then the book was put in a book shelf to dry. Monday I will take the book out and put some tape on the pages for extra protection.




This book needed more work, It's spine was falling apart. My first step in fixing this book is to cut it open.









Once it is cut open I will then put glue all along the spine of the book.










Here you can see all the glue. Next I will close the book up and put rubber bands around it.












Now the book is ready to go to the bookshelf and dry. The book is "The Case of the Left handed lady. An Enola Holmes book." By Nancy Springer. If you have a 4th grader or above that likes mystery books, this is a good series. The main character is Sherlock Holmes' little sister, who has been left on her own. I wouldn't have anyone under 4th grade read this book though. There are some descriptions that are most likely inappropriate for young students.
One of the things I have always liked to do in the library is to process the new magazines. I found out that next year there will most likely not be any new magazines coming in due to budget cuts. Ugh!
I helped with inventory again. We are almost finished. Just a little more of the Non-Fiction books left to do.
The week went by so fast. I can't believe I only have two days left to work. I hope that I can find another job that I will like as much as this one. I look forward to learning new things.
I also look forward to just doing a lot of reading this summer. The kids and I went to the library yesterday, and took out a bunch of books. Next week we will go to the bookstore and pick out some paper back books to take when we head up to Vermont for our camping trip. I look forward to getting away!
























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment