Monday, June 14, 2010

6 days left, over 5000 labels used!













With Six days left to work, I kept to the task of relabeling books. I have 4 and 1/2 shelves left to do. If all goes well I could be done by Wednesday. Then I need to fix some books and get all the magazines organized. In the bottom photo you see the sixty books waiting for me to come to work tomorrow. Their labels are already printed. The other photos are of the book shelves that are left, and then the label protectors. The protectors come in rolls of 1000. I've gone through 5 rolls this year, and the photo is of the last roll left in the library! Wow I've used almost 6000 labels this year. I thought of some friends today as I was labeling the book "Stone Soup" did you know there is a story with this title?
I have heard the story "Scaredy squirrel" one too many times, but still think it's funny. I now wish I had some contact with a Youth library. I need to start reading the tween and Teen books, as that is where my children are headed in this world, and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for it. Work went so fast today, It felt like I had just gotten to work and it was time to leave. I know that this week is going to fly by. For my children I think it is great, because they are so not into school anymore.
One thing I look forward to doing this summer is going through my piles of magazines and figuring out what articles I want to keep, and also looking for some good book reviews to help me find some fun summer reading. If anyone has a good book they think I should read, let me know!


1 comment:

  1. last summer I read "Garden Spells" by Sarah Addison Allen and I really liked it. seems like a nice summer book.

    ReplyDelete