Thursday, June 17, 2010

3 days left.



With three days left, I have finished labeling the books. I actually had about an hours worth of shelving to do when I got in. Thankfully the Librarian had put everything in alphabetical order, so it was easy to put away. I know that there are still quite a few books still out there.
I got to listen to the book "Last Day Blues" I know I'm feeling that. One student was leaving and said "Bye Mrs. Bowlby, see you next year." That hurt, knowing that most likely I won't see them next year.
I also got to listen to the book "No more pencils, No more books, No more teachers dirty looks." By Diane Degroat. I like Dianne Degroats books. ( I just noticed on her site that I've linked you to that she also writes the "Annie Pitts" books. My daughter and I read some of these they are great books for young girls.) Her main character Gilbert is always getting into some type of trouble, but always learns a good lesson. These are great books to read to your young children. She has a book for the beginning of the school year "Brand new pencils, brand new books" and then she has books for different holidays. I didn't do inventory today, which was good as my legs and arms have been sore from all the work I've been doing. I have to say that working in a small library allowed me to learn many tasks that if I had been working in a larger library I would not have learned. I'm glad that I got to learn so much. I guess now I will soon be learning something new. I'm actually taking my last on line course to be a Veterinary assistant. I'm going to apply at two different 24 hour animal hospitals for a receptionist position this fall. My degree is in Animal Science, perhaps I should go back into that field. I've really enjoyed these courses. Well here are a few photo's of what I did today.



This is a pile of magazines that I put into the computer system. Once in the computer I have to print out their material bar code, print them out and put them on the magazine, then put them in their special magazine covers. One of my favorite things about processing magazines is I have to go through them and pull out all the subscription cards. This allows me to read through the magazines. I love reading magazines. There are always such fun articles to read. I have loved being able to read the horse and cat magazines each month. I'll miss reading all the magazines.






This is the pile of books that I have to go through and figure out what their problem is. The bottom books with the rubber bands around them are books that have been in the "Book Hospital". I have in the past cut them open from the inside to expose their spine, then I put glue in the spine and then close them and put rubber bands around them. Then they are put in a bookshelf to dry. Next are magazines that I need to make material bar codes for, and on the top are books that have the wrong spine and bar codes, I need to change their information in the computer and then reprint their labels. I enjoy fixing books. It makes me think of this very cool book trilogy. The "InkHeart" Trilogy by Cornilia Funke. The story is about a girl and her father who is a book binder. Her father has the power to read people into and out of books. I think it would be cool to actually go in your favorite book and live there for awhile. In the book there are many references to how books are made and how they are fixed. If you are looking for a good fantasy book to read I'd recommend this set of books. Don't watch the movie though, it is not as good as the books. I think most authors must get frustrated by how their books get changed when made into movies. I look forward to reading some of her other books this summer.


Tomorrow I get to play nurse and fix a bunch of books. I hope to take photo's of the whole process. I did this once before only to find out I didn't have my memory card in my camera, and when I got home all the photo's I'd taken were gone.





Every day when I head out to work I stick a bunch of these peppermint candies in my work bag. They are the perfect mixture of mint and chocolate and they just melt in your mouth. I'm totally addicted. Unfortunately I was unable to find them at the store yesterday. Speaking of grocery stores and shopping I've learned an important lesson. Do not shop on Thursday mornings. I did my grocery shopping this morning because tomorrow is a 1/2 day and I have to be to work at 9am. Everything that I needed to buy was out of stock. I was getting a Pizza for me and my daughter and the whole frozen pizza section was gone! AHHH!
I have to start cleaning my stuff out of the library. That is going to be hard! Hmm.... got to check out "You've Got Mail" I know there is a scene with her leaving her store for the last time, wonder if she said anything that goes with what I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment