Thursday, June 10, 2010

9 days left and lots of labeling still to do.






















OK so 9 days were left, I went into work early so that I could work on labeling, and what does the Librarian do, he asks me to help a student with their project. UGH! I want to get these books labeled. But I helped the student, and it felt really good. This poor kid thought that John F. Kennedy was born in Japan. He really needed help. That is one thing I will definitely miss is helping students. I love helping kids out. I guess though I do have a lot of other opportunities with helping kids. I work with Teen girls at my church, and I teach the 4-h cat club science things about cats. I know next year I will go back and volunteer. I know I won't be able to keep myself away. Even though my Dad says that I shouldn't, I will.
So after helping, I put the few books that came back away, and then I labeled books. See the pile of white that is from peeling the Spine label stickers off. So you can tell I did a lot of books. I figure I did about 200 books. The photo's of the book shelves are all the books I have left to do.
I have 13 shelves left. I hope to do 3 shelves a day so I may be done next Wednesday. Then we will have to inventory all the books and I have a pile of books that need "Nurse Bowlby" to fix them. Actually I took a hymn book home from my church this week, because it desperately need to be fixed.
That is one thing I'm thankful for, although I'm losing this Library job, I still get to work in the Library at my church. It is a comfort for me to be able to go in and organize, and give out books and talk to the church members. It helps me get through all of this.
OK and then there is the goofy glasses photo at the top. Well in my mind this is my idea of what a library assistant would look like. The cardigan sweater, I actually have black pants on and clogs, and the glasses. And if my hair was long I'd have it in a bun. My mom says " I should lose the glasses." It's kind of fun though. I have absolutely perfect sight, but I've always liked the way glasses look on people. I think I should have gotten blue glasses though.
What do you think Glasses or No Glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment