Sunday, October 20, 2019

Garden Walk Week 30. The last walk of the garden season. Goodbye garden, see you in the spring.

It's my last day to walk the gardens. 
They are doing their Scarecrow festival. 

Usually they have lots of pumpkins around the garden in the 
planters, but this year the pumpkins were hard to find. 
I liked the displays in years past, these just seemed to 
be sitting around but not surrounded by any plants.
Perhaps the cold weather and rain is the cause for the lack
of pumpkin displays.

I took some photos of my favorite 
scarecrows.

I'm not sure what this one was supposed to be, but it looked kind of cool.


Jack skeleton. 

I don't think chickens can scare off crows, what do you think?

The fragrance garden has no flowers, but the tags are up
for what they have planted for the tulip festival.

I always think of pine cones in the fall, my
mother and I used to go and collect them and make pine cone wreathes.
It was fun, but messy too.


I love the secret garden area, the spot that
I like to take photos in was being used and the people just were 
not going to leave, but this photo came out nice too.




The Italian gardens are planted now for spring.
I used a photo editing tool on this photo.  To make it more dark and gloomy looking.
To express my sadness in the gardens closing.  There is a person I follow on instagram
who does this with all their photos.  I'm not sure why they do it, but I always think
this is my opposite in the photography world.  I like to have photos where the subject is
lit up by the natural light.  I love that look.  So it's fun to follow my opposite.  Perhaps
I will copy some of his photos and share them with you so you can see what I am talking about.

I have a lot of work to do now that it is cooling down.
I am going back and getting my organization things more organized and personalized so that I can be more organized next year.
I am going to be going through my photos and picking out my favorites and putting together 
books and cards.  I am going to clean out my house as always.  
As I said in one of my other posts fall and winter are going to be a celebration of all things
cozy. 

Pansies are the first flowers to bloom in the garden and the last. 
See you in the spring .  





As I walked through the gardens I said "Goodbye", 
I will miss my weekly walks.  Now I will have to get on my
treadmill and keep myself active.  I am planning indoor adventures to
do with my husband.  I will also be back in winter for the Christmas lights.

They are already setting up for the Christmas lights.
Oh this year it has flown by.  I have learned that you can
have great sorrow and joy all at once. 
We lost so many loved ones this past year I will be glad to say goodbye to this year,
and yet we had our son come home from his mission and welcomed a 
new pet into our family.  We also had many lovely days together. 
Joy and sorrow, sorrow and Joy.
Change and more Change.
That is the circle of this world.
G.G.
I hope you enjoyed watching the gardens change through these photos.
I enjoyed the peaceful walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment