Sunday, October 20, 2019

Exploring Utah, Fall at the Red Butte Gardens.

I have had a hard time dealing with summer ending,
but finally I am out enjoying the change that fall brings.

In the spring you look for the green of leaves and the 
colors of flowers. 

In the fall the there are less flowers to see, but
the trees and their leaves put on a beautiful show of colors.

A few flowers are still blooming.

The grasses are also beautiful in fall.
I loved the different look, and texture of the grasses in the gardens.

I am going to be studying the art of being cozy this fall
and winter. 

So soon there will be blog post about how I am celebrating the cool 
seasons by embracing the cozy things of life.

During this walk I looked for piles of leaves and
went crunching through them.


I stopped and touched the tops of the different grasses that
are going to seed.

I enjoyed seeing some of the hardy flowers that still
bloom dispite the increasing cold weather.


My husband and I sat and listened to the water and
watched the fish swim in this pond.



The colors of fall are just as beautiful as the colors of spring.

This is the top of a grass, it was actually a bit soft to the touch.


We walked along a new path.  It took us under a grove of trees.

I love how there are beautiful benches all through the
gardens that invite you to sit and soak in the nature around you.

what causes the leaves to finally fall?  We have had some
really strong winds by my house and yet the leaves are still on my trees,
and then I will be sitting out in my car in the morning warming it up and there will
be no wind and yet the leaves will start to just slowly flutter down to the ground.






Look I caught the shadows kissing.



The trail took us up the side of a mountain.

Out popped this snake.  I screamed, and then calmed down 
and took its photo from a nice safe distance.





This is looking down to the trail that we walked on.
You can't even tell that there is a trail down there.


A snow leopard cactus.




Even cabbage can be beautiful to look at.


How are you enjoying the fall?
Do you have a favorite place to walk and see the changing colors of trees?
What adventures do you have planned for fall and winter?
Have you ever heard of the art of being cozy?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment