Friday, October 4, 2019

Garden Walk Week 25. Flowers and Quilts OH MY!

This week not only did I get to see beautiful flowers,
I also got to see beautiful quilts.

The whole time I was walking around the gardens
my only thought was, my mom should be here with me.

My mom makes quilts.
She has made hundreds of quilts.

Most of the quilts she makes she gives away.
I have many of them.  I'm always asking for another one.



My mom taught me how to make quilts, but I never kept making them.
It's a lot of work to make a quilt.
Quilts are another form of art. 

I watched women of all ages look at the quilts and 
discuss the work that went into them.
Look at the stitching, look at the colors.

How do you chose a favorite.  I have a quilt like this one. 
I think it's called a super star quilt.

I like this fall one.  Perhaps there are people that 
have different quilts for the different holidays.

I love the coloring of this quilt.
I always wanted to decorate my house with a quilt as part of the
decorating.  Each room would have a quilt that went with the
decorations of the room and color of the room.



My mom made me a flower quilt this year.
I love it.  It has flowers and bugs and birds in the design.


When she makes a special quilt for someone she thinks about
what they like and then finds a pattern that includes that
in the quilt.



I have quilts that she made for my children when they were young.
One was even made with dresses from my childhood.




I love my weekly walks at the garden.  It's the time that I 
take to just relax and forget that the rest of the world exists.



These sunflowers are so fluffy looking.





Finally the passion flowers are blooming.
I find this flower to be very interesting.




The green pod is what it looks like before blooming.


I went on the first day of the quilt show so I did not see all
the quilts that were to be displayed.

I like this one.  It made me think of my childhood.
I was a little blonde girl who loved nature. 



With these two photos I like how I have the flower in focus and
the background is very blurred. 


Well another week has slipped by so fast.  It seems that it was just the tulip festival and
now I am seeing them getting ready for their Christmas light displays.  
I guess the saying the older you get the faster the days go is correct.
I just want life to go a little slower. 
How about you?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment