Friday, October 4, 2019

Garden Walk Week 26. Fall is coming but there are still beautiful flowers to see in the gardens.

Summer left so fast!  Ugh! 
It has been cold, and rainy and while I 
like to make comfort food and drink hot chocolate.
I think I would still love to have summer back.

I don't feel like I got to do everything I wanted to do
this summer.

I love these little pepper plants.


I love the coloring of this plant.

This is one of my favorite photos of the garden season.
I love the colors, I love the way I captured the humming bird.


Next year I am going to photograph this spot every week. 


I think this is a tulip tree flower.

I'm not sure what this strange puffy green spiked thing is but
I like it with the purple flowers.


I love just wandering around the gardens.


The flowers of next year are within the seeds that are
starting to blow in the wind.


Another good Humming Bird photo.

Mums the fall flower.  They moved the wart hog.
I wonder where they put it.


I listen to the Oprah podcast. 
Super Soul Sunday.  I love the beginning where she says
"The most important thing you can do is take time for yourself."

Stop running and racing about from one thing to another,
take time to do something just for you.
That is what my garden walks are.
They are my time for myself.

I do something each week that I have a passion for.
Which is photography.  Every week even though
I typically go to the same garden I get a new
photo that I really love.

I see a new flower, or bird.
I wander about and think of the things I want to do in the week,or think
of the things that I have enjoyed doing in the week.

I also just walk and don't think much of anything.  I just soak in the 
beauty and nature around me.  I talk to God.
I tell him that I love him and what I am thankful for.

I try also to plan adventures and get aways for my husband and I to do together.

These moments have enriched our lives.  They have created a stronger bond between me and my
husband.

So if you feel like you are growing away from your spouse, plan time together.
Once a week is the best but if you can't do once a week
do once or twice a months. 
Don't worry if the first few times is like pulling your spouses teeth.  My husband
at first resisted our day time exploring dates. 


Now a year later he says they saved his life.  That 
he is more calm, and relaxed and he looks forward to our next adventure.

Time is this precious gift, it can go so fast if we are not thinking 
of  how we want to spend it.  

Do you have a favorite podcast? Do you have a favorite way to spend your free time?

Do you have a favorite flower photos?
Have a wonderful week. 
Remember to take time for yourself.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment