Saturday, October 26, 2019

Empty Nesters: Tales Of A SMOKIN HOT UBER MOM!

This summer was crazy.  I gave myself a new name
the Smokin' Hot Uber Mom.  
It's not that I am beautiful or anything its because my
car has an oil leak so when it gets hot it smokes. 

My son the artist of the family was kind enough to draw these 
cartoons for me.  My car is old and beat up but I am determined to 
get 300,000 miles out of it.  I haven't had a car payment in 23 years and
really don't want one.  I'm an Uber mom, because all summer I drove the 
kids back and forth to work and now I drive my son back and forth 
to the train station, he commutes to college.  I will be glad when my husband gets the 
third car running and we can let my son drive to the train station.
When I'm not working and not uber driving I am enjoying walks at gardens or
going on adventures with my husband. 
Recently we went to see the play Phantom.  It was awesome. I think I may 
see if I can get tickets to see the Christmas Carol play this December.
My husband and I have been enjoying our weekly dates. 
We went to the Young Living Fall Festival this year. 
I love this photo.  We really enjoy this event, it has taken the place of
the yearly pumpkin patch trips we did when the children were young. 
We are both so glad that we decided to make having a weekly date a priority.
Our relationship has grown stronger and we feel less stressed during our work week.
I would say to any couple you need to take time to go out together and do things
that you enjoy.  Life is too short to not spend time living. 

Our son is doing really well in his first semester of college.  He has transitioned from
missionary life to college life really well.  He is working hard to hopefully be chosen for the
industrial design program at his college.  If that doesn't work out he will try to 
get into the animation program.  He is also interested in learning other languages.  
When he gets home the cat needs her daily shoulder ride from him.

Our daughter is having great start to her second year in college.  She
got a housing scholarship so she gets to live on campus. She is studying business and Japanese.
She hopes to study abroad this summer. She also hopes to earn her black belt this 
January.

A new take on our kiss photos.  I call this one 
"I Caught Our Shadows Kissing." 
I like how the leaves in the shadows have color and
the leaves out of the shadow don't.  
This Smokin' Hot Uber Mom has a day off and guess what?
She is driving around with her daughter.
I think my Smokin' car is my second home.
How are you doing?
How do you find time to spend with your family in this crazy fast world?
G.G.























































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment