Friday, October 19, 2018

My Weekly Garden Walk.....Week 21 August 25, 2018 Finding dinosaurs and practicing mindfulness

I'm trying now with this blog to only put new flowers, and spots that
I have photographed every week.



The plants at this spot keep getting taller. I love the different colors and sizes of the plants
in this area.



This is a strange looking plant.  I'm not sure what the big
spiky green balls on the plant are.  Something to research this winter.


This is the flower for the above plant.

Could this be the Martin (Goose) family? 

I like this plant, I think it is called a red hot poker.  Do 
you see the grasshopper?



A Dahlia.

Black Eyed Susan Vine.

Looking out to the point of the mountain
from the vista mound staircase.

Looking down to the rose garden.  Beyond the 
gardens you can see just how dry it is out here.  
There were lots of fires this year.

The herbs by the fragrance garden grew huge.



This is in the secret garden, I think they were getting ready
for a wedding.  I think it would be so fun to have an event
in the secret garden.

Asters.

Since finding a dinosaur by accident I have been trying 
to find all the trees that have them in them. 
It gets really tiring looking up into the trees.  I've 
seen more empty nests than dinosaurs.  I had almost 
given up today and then this dinosaur just jumped out at me.

They were in the big pine tree right before you get to the 
top part of the Italian gardens.

I like how they trim this tree.



This was one of the only Monarch butterflies I've seen
at the gardens this year. 


I've been doing a lot of reading about mindfulness lately.
I think it's important to take time and just relax and
get out of the rat race of life.  I think I have
finally convinced my husband this is a good thing too.

This plant arrangement out side the gardens has 
gotten huge.  I love just walking in the gardens and seeing the changes week to week.
Do you have a special place you like to visit weekly?
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment