Monday, October 15, 2018

Mom Of A Missionary Emails From Mexico. October 15,2018

The Eternal Bowlby

Hello Family and friends! Elder Bowlby here.

Quick mail this week. It was the last week of Elder Garcia. We worked hard, had our baptism this Friday, and Elder Garcia invited us out to eat. It was really fun to work with him.

My new companion is Elder Fernandez from Peru. Yes, I'm still in Mante.

It will be a lot of work coming up for us, but now begins the search for new people to teach. Have you ever felt the Lord needs or wants you to learn something new? Now I just have to figure out what that might be!

For those of you who are receiving cold weather, enjoy it for me! It's still quite hot here in Mante. Wow!

Here's a scripture that I liked during my studies. In a time of great trial and persecution, the church of God in ancient times was under a lot of attack from those who didn't believe, but they maintained strong even though the odds were against them.

Alma 1:25 Now this was a great trial to those that did stand fast in the faith; nevertheless, they were steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments of God, and they bore with patience the persecution which was heaped upon them.  

I know that God is always aware of what we are going through, and he uses the challenges of this life to strengthen us and help us to progress.

I love you all, and I hope you're doing well. Thank you for keeping me posted on what's going on at home (and abroad)!

-Elder Bowlby

I think transfers are every six weeks so he will have another six weeks in Mante.  I'm glad my son is doing well. He has 184 days left to his mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment