Friday, October 26, 2018

Mom of a Missionary, Emails from Mexico. October 22, 2018

A new record!


Hello Family and Friends! Elder Bowlby here.

This week we went to work on completing the goals set by the Mission president and Apostles, and that goal is to talk with as many people possible per day. 

I remember that in the early stages of my mission, when we talked with maybe 40 or 50 people a week, it was considered a lot of work!

This week, we achieved the goal that the Apostles have asked! We have talked with 140 people this week. 141 to be exact. The only challenging part is keeping up with this goal and doing it again this week!

We're talking with so many people because we know that the time is coming close in which Christ will come again to Earth. We have to work hard to prepare the way for him!

My time is running short! I've completed 18 months in the mission as of the 18th. I have just six more months to go. Uh oh! And here I was thinking the mission would take forever. It's going by really fast!

I'm doing all I can to really put forth my best effort in this last stretch. I'm going to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength!

Hey, Mexico got pretty chilly this Tuesday! The temperature dropped from it's usual 90 degrees to about 60 degrees. Maybe you all think that's nice and refreshing, but I was frozen solid! (and caught a cold and a fever!) They say that here in Mante it shouldn't get much colder, but I guess I need to be more prepared! Everyone was laughing because they assumed I was accustomed to the cold, but after months of 100 degree heat, 60 degrees is too cold!!

Here's a scripture that I really liked recently. It talks about how a prophet of God named Alma was able to recieve personal revelation... and he tells us how we can too!
Alma 5:45-46

45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?

46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

We can learn the truth of all things by diligent fasting and prayer. This is the only way we'll be able to discern the many voices and influences that will be coming our way in future days. 

I love you all! I'm always happy to read your stories and see you're doing well. I hope that you all have a great week, and also that you keep strong!
Elder Bowlby

So I have learned that my son will be home close to the beginning of April.  He said that missionaries with travel visa's get sent home about 3 weeks before their visa expires.  So really he has about 5 months left.  Wow!  It seems like the time is flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment