Monday, October 15, 2018

Mom Of A Missionary Emails From Mexico. September 17, 2018

The presence of Kyogre has caused a heavy rain!!

Hello, Friends and Family! Elder Bowlby here.

This week has just been an endless flow of RAIN. It has rained a lot!

MONDAY: Just after I finished writing you all, we went and searched for a few of our investigators We were walking in the street towards a family home evening we were preparing... when it started to 

rain a little. Then a lot. So we ducked into the members house and gave the family home evening. We stayed a little bit longer waiting for the rain to pass...
But it didn't! It only rained harder! And threw lightning everywhere! We had to return home in ankle-deep river-streets! We got home completely soaked... and I had left a window open in the house, so my pijamas were wet too!! Oh No!

TUESDAY: Actually tuesday only rained at night. Whew! I didn't get wet.

WEDNESDAY: So, Wednesday was pretty funny. We had our district meeting, we left and ate, and then my companion and I went to a part of our area that's a bit far away, but full of potential people to teach.
We're walking there and we see the dark clouds start to appear, heavy with rain. We don't think that they'll ever reach us, so we keep walking and working... and then it begins to rain bucketloads upon us. We hurry to grab a taxi, but we get soaked in the process. I teach english classes on wednesdays, so we head over to where the chapel is in taxi...

... and it's completely dry over there. It did not rain a drop. It only rained where we were working. Hah! I passed the rest of the afternoon in soaked shoes and pants.

THURSDAY: Thursday was a repeat of Wednesday, but I was rained on three times instead of one. Once in the same far-off colony where we were wednesday, so we left there and went to a planned tracting activity with our companions. In the same activity, we got rained on AGAIN, very far away from home, and it was a quick rain. You could see the rain advancing as you looked down the street, and how it began creeping forward until it was on top of you!! That rain stopped, but then returning home... it rained on me again. Keep in mind that my companion is the one with the umbrella, and I had repeatedly forgotten my rain jacket. Hahaha.

Friday: Yeah, it only rains in the far off colony where we work the most. This day we celebrated the Mexican Independence day with a mini-fiesta in the chapel! There was Pozole. And a realy spicy chili-salsa! Just putting a tiny bit in my pozole was enough to add flavor and bite!!
Saturday: Eeh by saturday I was 90% prepared to be rained on so it wasn't too bad. We did a lot of walking, talking, and tracting.

Sunday: Yes, there was still rain. We did all that we could to bring people to church, but we had no results. We just have to keep working for this week!
But lo and behold, we were attacked by a swarm of mosquitos the size of blackberries! (The fruit not the phone). We had to be on constant watch that our companion did not get bit!!

Today: Our mission president showed up by surprise to make us breakfast and play soccer (fĂștbol) with us. It was still raining, so we played in the rain! My "sport/service" shoes are really worn out, so I avoided slipping around by playing goalie until the court dried up. We went and bought our food for the week, and we walked home as the rain continued. It is still raining.

That's been my week! I hope that some of this rain goes your way. Not sure if I can send it north of the border, though. Love you, miss you, hope you're all well!

-Elder Bowlby

I did not realize that Kygore is a pokemon figure.  I thought it was the name of a real storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment