Thursday, August 9, 2018

My Weekly Garden Walk...Week 9 May 29,2018 The Roses are beginning to bloom...

Dahlia.
So far every week that I have walked at the gardens 
I have seen new flowers blooming. 
I'm hoping someday to do a book with all the different flowers.
This winter I have to take out some flower books and
make sure I have all their names correct.



Here you can see where the tulips used to be
and now they have planted new plants.
The walk ways are nice I always think "follow the brown brick road"
If you are not in good shape you can rent a golf cart and drive around the gardens.

I think these are Fox Gloves.


They have taken the tulips out of here and planted 
Petunias and Potato vines and Geraniums.


This spot is planted with Geraniums.




There is so much work that goes into this garden.
They are always changing the flower beds, weeding, fixing things.
Every week there is something new to see.


I love water lilies.

The roses in the rose garden are starting to bloom. 
It is so pretty here right now.

These roses had lots of bees around them.






Mr. And Mrs. Martin and their babies.  Looks like it is nap time.












This is in the Fragrance garden.  This year the theme is Herbs.
They have all the herbs that are talked about in the Hunger Games books in one section.
I must like this flower I take photo's of it often.  It is a Chocolate Cosmo.  It smells like chocolate too.







This is looking down from the middle of the Italian Gardens.




A Peony flower in various stages of blooming.










This is the Entrance to the Gardens. 
They are starting to plant new plants here too.


Another week of walking is done. 
It's such a peaceful place for me to go.
Did you have a favorite photo?








No comments:

Post a Comment