Wednesday, August 29, 2018

My Weekly Garden Walk....Week 13 b... A Short Hot Walk in the Afternoon...

All around the gardens they have potted plants.
Here is the weird tree flower plant in a big pot.
As I learn about the different plants I will be 
going back and putting their names in.
I just bought a book with flower information I hope 
to learn more and share soon.


I'm trying to take photo's of the same spots every
week so that I can notice the changes more.
If I walk in the afternoon I take less photos
because summer in Utah is way too hot!

The Black Eyed Susans are one of the 
star bloomers right now. 




There are also lilies everywhere. 








The flowers around the stream are starting to get bigger.




I like Cat tails.  An interesting water plant.






This is an interesting flower.

A rabbit in the garden.  He must be well fed.

I like how they used cabbage and other 
edible plants as part of the gardens.





This is the view form the stairs going up to  
the Vista Mound Garden. 
I think the plants are petunias and red geraniums.

Now heading towards the Fragrance Garden.



The stages of bloom for the Evening Prim Rose.


Looking towards the Italian Gardens.

What a beautiful orange color. 




I love this spot of the garden.
Sorry for the sideways videos.  I have figured out what I have done 
wrong with the videos so in future post this will be corrected.



If I had lots of money and a large garden I would do 
this carousel .  I just love it.  Although I might 
want a real carousel that you could ride.

I'm getting into learning about birds.  They are hard to get good photos of
because they don't stay still long, and are usually at the top of the trees. 

I thought this was a cool photo, I took the photo right as the bird decided to fly way.



The back side of the stream.


looking down the big hill from the main entrance.



This is an interesting plant. It was pretty far away
so I couldn't get a close up of the flowers.

Well I made it through a very hot walk. 
I like summer if I'm out in the morning, the afternoons
are a bit too hot for me.
Was there a photo you liked?
G.G.




No comments:

Post a Comment