Sunday, August 5, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....Emails from Mexico.. July 30, 2018

¡Scrambled!

Hello, Family and Friends! It's me again, Elder Bowlby.

This week has been a big mix of strange twists and turns.

So, I'm still in El Mante, Tamaulipas. It's very hot. Many say that we have been exceeding 105 degrees farenheit, and we're always out in the sun.

My new companion is Elder Garcia from Yucatan. He's got about three months left on his mission. We get along really well!

So, a few of the highlights for the week.

1: So, I almost got sick twice because of the sun. Tuesday and Sunday my stomach and head were reeling due to the heat... I had to lay down for a bit to feel better.

2: Wednesday, the zone proposed a lot of changes and they all want me to make them drawings for a zone souvenir... I've been asking what I need to do and I feel like I can just do that, if anything, then put the drawings aside again. The theme is superheroes and they're constantly asking me about how the drawings go... hijoles.

3: I have been feeling the Spirit more, so, I have that. I'm trying to take the lead and follow spiritual impressions, but I feel that I'm still lacking something. I'm coming off as way too direct.

4: I've been pretty scrambled this week! Trying to find my way around the area, find time for everything, finding new people to teach... It's amazing how crazy a week can get!

5: We ran the entire week on 0 moneys. We had no money this week, it was insane, but we managed it! I was really surprised!

Yeah, that's the week. We've been doing a lot of work, and a lot of walking.

Here's the weekly suggestion: Read this about the Sacrament! Every member of the church needs to remember the most important part about sunday worship.
I'm trying hard to really understand this doctrine too. I know you'll be able to learn something new!

I love you all, and I hope you're well. I pray that you all have strength to fight your daily battles, and that you're firm in your faith! Believe in Christ, that is one of the greatest things we could ever do.

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment