Tuesday, August 7, 2018

My Summer Bucket List...Day Date 2...The Lindon Marina, Utah Lake May 17, 2018

Our second day adventure took us to Lindon Marina at 
 Utah Lake.  My husband misses the New Jersey Shore.
While this is no where close to the Jersey Shore. 
It's water, and waves and a little bit of wild life.

My Husband is a Master Mechanic, so every old 
mechanical object cries out to him "fix me please."
He will say to me, I could fix this, this would be fun to fix and then drive around the 
lake for a summer.  I say, we don't have room for a boat.  

This is a Western Grebe.

Some wild Iris plants growing on the edge of the lake.

A Yellow-Headed Black Bird.
I think they are pretty.

Here is the view of the mountains from the edge of the lake.
Still snow up there. I like to see the snow on the mountains.



There is this little pond near the lake, and it has lots of 
frogs and polliwogs aka. tadpoles.

Western Grebe.

What we like about the Lindon Marina is there 
is a small sandy beach, by some trees for shade.
The trees are on a grassy little hill.  It's clean and quiet.
We just sit and Chillax...
With all the changes going on in our lives it's nice to have a 
place away from it all.  Leave the phones at home and just slow down.
I have seen people swim in this lake, but 
I don't think I'd ever swim in it.  The water is just 
a little too not healthy looking.  I may want to try
to take a boat out some day.  As long as I'm sure I wouldn't
fall in.

This is a Killdeer. 
I'm having fun learning about all the birds that are 
around us out here in Utah. 
Do you have a favorite place to go where you just slow down 
and enjoy some quiet time away from the rat race of life?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment