Saturday, August 4, 2018

My Weekly Garden Walk....Week 7, May 16, 2018...The Garden in Transition

It was wonderful to have the first thing I saw in the garden be 
a butterfly.  I love to see all the different wild life as I walk.




A Black Eyed Susan before it blooms.

I Like Black Eyed Susan plants, they bloom for a long time.


The Tulips are being removed and new plants are
taking their place. 

The view of the Mountains. There is still snow up there.
On my walk today, I felt like the garden was in transition.
there were many workers out changing the flower beds.
There were a lot of flower beds being prepared for new plants.

I'm thinking I want to start doing bird watching too.
But sometimes the birds are faster than my ability to 
photograph them. I caught this Robin hunting for worms.




These are Chestnut Trees.
They are full of flowers and bees.




Here is a close up of the flowers.



The Golden Chain tree still looks beautiful this week.



The Iris plants are in full bloom now.
I loved seeing all the different colors.










The Goose family taking a morning swim.








As I was walking this week I met up with one of the 
volunteers at the gardens.  She was supposed to do a 
tree tour, but no one showed up for it.
I walked around with her and learned some interesting facts about the Gardens.
I always thought that the grass in this section was what you would see
in Israel.  But actually it is a Mexican grass.  The reason they have it planted
is to make it seem like the Savior statue is surrounded by water.
This is an interesting Clematis flower.



I'm thinking I may purchase a new camera at some point.
I want to be able to do better close up shots of flowers.

The red flowers in the above photos were right behind
this statue of the Savior, I thought it interesting as they had
red and white that there may be a symbolic reason for them
being planted their.  To represent his purity and the blood
he shed for us.  Just a thought.
An interesting fact that I learned was that the 
Honey Suckle tree in the garden where the 
Light Of Christ statues are came from 
Salt Lake City.  There was a tornado that
hit Salt Lake City and damaged the tree and this piece
was given to the gardens.

Here is a close up of the Honey Suckle flower.


This shows the outside of the Secret Garden.
The Vines covering the tunnel to the Secret Garden
are Honey suckle vines.



Some different Photos of the Allium flowers.
I just find these flowers interesting.


I believe this is a Lime tree flower.

There are many trees that would not survive the 
winter in Utah, that they keep in large planters.
They have them in the garden in the summer and then
move them into a green house for the winter. 
I believe this is a lime tree.



Fox Glove Flowers.

I learned on my tour of the garden that many of the 
statues in the garden were Christmas presents that the 
owners of the gardens gave each other.
The Wart Hog used to be by the Monet Pond.  They 
just moved him to the center of the garden.  It will be interesting to 
see what they plant around him this year.






This is looking down to the Rose Garden.
The tulips have been removed and now the rose bushes
are beginning to grow bigger.

I bet this is a flower bed that is slated for change.  All the tulips are dead here.
They dig them all up and then sell them.

These are by the Koi Pond.




I often think of my Heavenly Father as I walk through the gardens.
I know that there is a God when I look at 
all the beauty here.  There is no way a cosmic explosion could have
made a world so beautiful.  I believe in a wise Heavenly God
who designed this beauty all around me. 

Water Lily.

I think the coloring on this Iris is just beautiful.

This Clematis Flower was in the Rose Garden.



This photo shows the flower and what the flower looks like
before blooming.  It just amazes me the change that takes place.

Oh I could sit for hours in these gardens. Can you picture yourself
sitting here, listening to the birds singing, and taking in the beauty around you?

This is the view from the bench in the Rose Garden.

Forget Me Not Flowers.



I'm always trying to get that "Photo". The one that 
would be perfect to print out and frame and hang in my
house.
Well another week of walking in the gardens is over.
Is there a photo you liked best?
G.G.




No comments:

Post a Comment