Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My Weekly Garden Walk...Week 10 June 6,2018 ..An Abundance of Roses..

It's week 10 of walking and there are still new flowers to be found.
It's starting to get hotter out, so I try to walk in the morning.


I wish I could take a small plane ride over 
the gardens to see what these different flower beds
look like from above.


The Stream is in transition.  There are no flowers around it this week.




A Holly Hock flower.
They are taking the bridge to the Monet Pond down.
I wonder will they rebuild it?

The Rose Garden is the big attraction right now.
As I walk through I think, could this be
what the beast's garden looked like in Beauty and The Beast.




















The Bee's love these roses.  I think I 
like the very simple almost wild flower roses too.
It reminds me of Vermont.
Next year I'm going to do some videos of the bees
in the flowers, it's kind of interesting to see them gathering the pollen.

















Next year I have to take photo's in specific places
each week so you can see the change.  The roses
have grown so much since the first week.




One thing I learned about the Rose Garden
is that it is at the lowest point of the gardens.
It doesn't do as well as it could because it 
gets the coolest air. I still think it is beautiful though.


They have planted Gazania plants around the wart hog.
I can't wait to see them bloom.







This is an odd looking flower. I will have to figure out what it is.







I love the roses growing over the door in the secret garden.

Delphinium



Honey Suckle growing in the Secret Garden.



A Clematis Flower.







I'm not always very observant, it 
took me a few trips to the secret garden before I looked up
and saw the angel statue a few years ago.


What Lilies look like before they bloom.  









A Passion flower before blooming.

This is some type of  Poppy.




This is a Poppy flower.

The Poppy from above before blooming.


They have planted Snap Dragons here by the Tulip sculpture.




I'm not sure what this plant is, It is cool looking though.

I'm looking forward to watching all the summer plants start to 
grow and bloom.
Did you have a favorite photo?
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment