Sunday, April 14, 2019

My Weekly Garden Walk. Week 3 The Tulips are starting to bloom. April 9, 2019

It's the third week of the gardens being open and 
they are getting ready for the Tulip Festival to begin. 
I love seeing all the tulips, but hate the crowds that come with it. I try really hard not
to have people in my photos, but this year I may do a few photos with people just so you can see how
many people are around during the Tulip Festival.  Once it ends most of the time I walk
the gardens I feel like I have them all to myself.
This year I think they are trying to control the amount of people being
in the gardens and have timed tickets.  So we will see how that works. 
I think the shade of pink for this tulip is so beautiful.

These are foxglove in a planter arrangement. I am trying to limit
the amount of photo's I share in my blog.  I am also trying to think of
interesting ways to show perspective in photography.  So in the future be ready for
some new and interesting post.  Well maybe interesting if you like flowers.

Last year the photos I posted were never photo shopped.
This year I have found some fun photo editing tools and so some
of my photos will have a little bit of  added filters, like this one with
the shaded edges.

I just love the edges of this Tulip. I love how 
there are so many different colors and shapes to flowers.



This is an interesting spot in the gardens.  The view of the mountains which you
can almost see in this photo in real life is so beautiful.  We have had
a very wet winter and I love looking at the snow covered mountains.  I wish they 
could stay covered with snow all year round.

This is such an inviting pathway of Hyacinth plants. I've tried to 
give a few different views of it in the following photos.




I really liked how these flowers flowed together.
The bottom flower is pretty open and you can see inside, the next flower
is a little more closed up, the next is almost closed up and the top two are totally closed.
It just had a flow to it that I liked. 

A Mallard duck at the pond.  There is a big Koi fish under him, can
you see the orange shadow in the water?

This is a photo that you have to know exactly where to 
position yourself to get.  I was showing my son how to take it and he and
his new phone camera got a much better photo than I did.  I love getting the flowers 
close up in the front and the snow covered mountain in the distance.


Another group of Tulips are in bloom in the Fragrance Garden.  I hope to get
all the flowers with their name plates this year.  They have some kind of alphabet theme
going and at the end of the Tulip season I hope I can do a post with them in alphabetical order for you.

The entrance to the Secret Garden.  I photo edited
this one. 

The Italian Gardens.


They are doing something different here at the carousel.



The bees are busy in the gardens.  I'm going to try to have
a different bee photo every week.  Bees are an important 
part of our world. 


In a lot of their planters they have Ranunculus flowers.
They are just so beautiful and vibrant.  It amazes me that they start out little buds and end
up these big beautiful flower.  I like this photo because it shows the stages
of the flower from tight bud, to an opening bud to the full flower. 

A splash of color, orange and red tulips and yellow and white daffodils.

I think this is a Magnolia flower. 
I hope you enjoyed these flowers and that you are enjoying your spring.
What Gardens do you like to visit?
What is your favorite spring flower?

No comments:

Post a Comment