Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Empty Nesters, one chick has returned and the other is returning soon.

Today I was watching my son eat some gummy worms that I got him as part of his
"Welcome Back To The Nest" treat.  I asked him if he was glad to be home and
he said yes he was glad to be back in the nest and that he really likes gummy worms.
We are very glad to have him home.  We have been busy getting him back to being employed, and getting him ready to leave again for college in the fall.  We are enjoying taking him to our favorite places and reconnecting.  Our son surprised us by coming home and deciding that he doesn't want to study to be an animator.  While he will still continue to work on animating and drawing he is looking at other options for schooling and future employment.  He also came home a much more confident young man.  What I love is at night when we sit down to do scripture study he will sing us a hymn in Spanish.  He has a beautiful voice so I hope when he is in college he will join a singing group.
It been fun watching my kids reconnect and to be able to hang out together as a family.
Our daughter will be coming home soon too.  She is very close to having a 4.0 first year.
She has worked so hard, I hope she can do it.
My husband and I have started doing our day adventures again.  Here is a moment of
stopping to smell the flowers.  We took a walk in Salt Lake City.  The Temple Square gardens are
beautiful.


We have also started to go for walks more often at the lake.  It's so nice
to see all the birds returning.  I am looking forward to having a summer of
adventure.  What are your plans for the summer?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment