Wednesday, April 24, 2019

My Garden Walk. Week 5 Hundres of Tulips. April 24, 2019

This I think is probably the best week to see the tulips.  If you could only go 
once you would want to go when more of the tulips are in bloom. 

I think all our rainy weather has made for a much better year
at the Tulip Festival than last year.  It seems like the flowers lasting longer
than they did last year.  


I will have to look on their website to find out how
many tulips they plant for this event.  There seems to 
be hundreds if not thousands of Tulips.




I often wonder if they come in early in the morning or
late at night and plant extra tulips.  As I don't remember this
having so many tulips last week and now it's all tulips.


Many of the Tulips in the Fragrance Garden are now in 
bloom.  I have taken photo's of as many as I can with their name plates.  
I'm going to do a separate blog post with them later.


This is a new favorite place to take a photo.
I just like the effect of the light in the door way to the Secret Garden.

These are the flowers you see from the doorway.

The flowers in the Italian garden are looking really nice.

Last week the flowers in this area had not yet bloomed.
I like the pink and red colors.  It is very hard to get a photo in 
this spot.  There is always someone on this walk way.  I'm going
to try to make it in the morning soon and see if I can get a better photo.



Here we go...#Savethebees.  I'm thinking of making
a bee photo book.  Did you know that there are native bees that
come in colors other than yellow and black and they don't sting. I need to learn more
about these amazing insects and how to help them survive.

Now this is an amazing cabbage patch.  



There will probably be another blog post with these flowers so you can see 
just how small they really are.

Are these hairy tulips?  No they are Pulsatilla vulgaris or Pasque flowers.
I'm glad that they are putting more tags by the flowers and trees in the gardens.
I love learning about flowers I will have to read up on theses.


Well I hope you enjoyed looking at my photos. 
Have a wonderful week.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment