Sunday, April 28, 2019

Day Date The Red Butte Gardens. Scheduling time to rest and relax. April 27, 2019



I had a three day weekend this week which is very unusual.
The nice thing was my husband also had a long weekend and we
decided to take a day and go out and explore one of the gardens 
near where we live. We went to the Red Butte Gardens.


What I love about the Red Butte Gardens is that pretty much
every plant and tree has a plaque telling you about it.  I love learning about nature
so this is a nice place for me to go and learn and enjoy a beautiful garden.


Something that I learned in the past few years is that if you don't 
schedule time to relax you will be constantly doing things.
So be smart and schedule time to relax and remove yourself from the 
rat race of this world.  Find places to visit where you can feel far away from
all the pressures of life.

I think this is a type of Trillium plant.  It is just cool looking.


The Red Butte garden has nice brick walkways and then all kinds of paths
that take you out into the woods.  They have benches to sit on all over the place.




We sat on this bench and just enjoyed the sound of the water running by us.


A pair of geese sat behind us.  It was fun to just watch them and enjoy the moment.


The water wise garden goes up a steep incline and you
get some wonderful views of Salt Lake City.
My husband found a comfortable chair up in this part and just
relaxed for a good hour while I continued to wander around the other gardens.



I believe this is a violet, I've never seen one that was all speckled before.


I believe this is a bee.  My camera was having a hard time 
focusing on things today.  Maybe it was that the bees and butterflies were 
just not staying in one place long enough.



I love seeing wildlife on my day trips.

After spending hours out in nature we felt so much more refreshed and ready to 
start a new week.  So if you feel worn out and stressed.  Schedule some time
to relax and be away from computers and phones. 
Hope you enjoyed my photos.
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment