Thursday, April 4, 2019

Mom of a Missionary. Some April Fools Day Crazy and a Great Welcome Home. April 1, 2019

April 1, 2019 was the day my son was coming home from his mission.
we were very excited to have him come home. I got up and I made my husband lunch and then thought of all the things I needed to do.
About a half hour later I received a text from my husband, some how he had
taken my car keys to work with him.  I replied back " Please tell me this is an April Fools day joke."
Unfortunately it was not a joke and that was the beginning of my 
Crazy day. I had balloons ordered for his return.  Since we have been Empty Nesters for 
almost a year now I thought this nest balloon with birds was fun to have. 

A little sign to welcome him back.

I love plays on words.  I filled a basket up with goodies for him, many of them
bird themed.  Gummy worms, the coveted tootsie roll Easter eggs.  Plus his favorite treats.


My husband made the signs for the airport.  This looks simple but
I think he spent many hours on these signs.

More balloons for at the airport.

Here we are waiting...So we get to the airport and think we are in the correct terminal.
We even asked the guest service person is this where we should be for the flight from Mexico.
" Oh yes" she said.  Thank goodness for the sign that said Mexico on it.  As another airport worker saw it and came over.  They asked if our son was coming on a direct flight from Mexico.
At this point I was so nervous that something more would go wrong in my day that I thought they were going to tell me the plane crashed.  That is just how emotionally wound up I was.
But instead they said "you are in the wrong terminal, you need to go to the next terminal for international flights.  So off we went.  And we watched every person come through the customs door.
I think the boys waited till last to come out.  People would come through the doors and say "they are back there."

Here we are.  He is back Yeah!!

Congratulations on a Mission Accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment