Sunday, April 14, 2019

Garden Photos.... An interesting perspective, and flowers up close.

I love this photo of these tulips.  I love their color, I love the
striping on the leaves. This photo in some ways is very deceptive.
You look at it and you can imagine these tulips being any size.
But how big are these tulips?
That is one thing I realized last year as I started to look through my photos.
I will zoom in on the flowers that I like and have this great photo.
I know how big these tulips are, but when I show them to others they only have 
the photo and no perspective of the environment in which the photo was taken.
It's the same with this photo too.  I've taken it at ground level and
close up.  I like to do this type of photo.  I think of it as the "Ant's view of the world."
Here is another flower that I have zoomed in on.  What I will try
to do this year is to show not only the zoomed in photo
but also the whole flower or plant.  So you get an idea of
how big or small a flower really is. Unfortunately I did not take 
a photo of this little flower from a distance. I someday hope to get a better 
camera for close up photos so you can see the flower in even more detail.

This photo shows the tulips from the top photo.  Look how small they are
compared to the daffodils behind them.  Would you have guessed from the top photo that these were such small flowers?
This is what the "ants view" flowers look like
when not taken from ground level and not close up.  They are
pretty small tulips too.  This little spot just felt so magical to me. 
There is such peace in being in nature. 
I have never taken a photography class so all of the photos that you 
will see here in my blog are just me playing around with my camera and enjoying nature.
This is my little creative outlet. 
I hope you enjoy.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment