Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Mom of a Missionary The creation of a journal of precious memories.

My son wrote home a few months ago and told me that he had to 
throw away most of his journals and his camera flash drive also had 
been ruined.  So I took upon the task of making a memory 
journal for him of all the emails he sent home and the photos.

There are 63,380 words, 1250 photo squares, 271 photos,
244 pages, 121 page protectors.

2 binders

One dedicated mom who spent countless hours
to make a journal of precious memories.

I also put all the fun names he called himself on purple hearts and
covered his door with them.
When my son got home he was so happy to have these binders and it made all the work worth it.
G.G.

PS.

While making this binder I decided to put in maps of where my son was serving.
About 3 weeks before he was to come home I ran across this map on the Internet.  It was published by the salt lake tribune.  I had kept myself a bit ignorant of where my son was serving.  I trusted the Lord would keep him safe.  I'm glad for this because if I had thought he was in a dangerous place for the whole two years instead of the last 3 weeks of his mission I would probably have a head of grey hair.  But the Lord took care of my son, who is really his child more than he is mine.  He taught him lessons that will bless his life.  I feel I have this spiritual giant residing in my home right now. 
I think that is what my husband and I both need too.  Our returned missionary is showing us how wonderful God's plan is.  I am so enjoying listening to his stories and seeing a much more mature and confident young man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment