Sunday, September 13, 2015

Our Day at Manasquan Beach Part one....

After having breakfast with my husbands friends we packed up our beach gear and headed down the highway to Manasquan beach... Everyone in New Jersey has their favorite beach to go to...My husband and his family always went to Manasquan...
Part of our weekly drive to the New Jersey shore when we lived in New Jersey was to turn on New Jersey 101.5 and listen to all the oldies songs as we made the long drive down to the beach...And to keep with old traditions we tuned in again!
The weather was absolutely beautiful for our trip, not too hot, not too cold, not too humid ( I hate sticking to everything) it was absolutely perfect...My prayers for vacation were definitely answered!  You take 287 south to the Parkway....Going over the Driscoll bridge....Old Shakie is what my Father in Law called it... and we get that story every time we travel over it....
Here we are getting ready to cross the bridge into Manasquan... For years when we would go to the New Jersey Shore...My husband would share all his memories....It was always about what he did when he was young...Today though he just enjoyed it all!
With all the changes that have occurred in the last few years due to the hurricanes it was nice to see things that looked the same...
My husband has lots of friends in New Jersey...Friends from forever it seems....It was very kind of his friends to let us use their beach house for the day.  What a beautiful place!
It was nice to take time to relax and feel like you had forever to do nothing....
Right now looking back...If I had known just how much my husband would be working after vacation I think I would have kept to the original longer vacation plan of two weeks... since we have been back I have not seen him due to all the work...I like this photo of him and my daughter..
The artist busy drawing....I loved how this house was decorated...It was so beautiful.
My daughter got a bunch of books at the book store and is enjoying some time to read them!
Our Traveling Totoro is having a relaxing time too....
It is time to head to the shore!....How did this daughter of mine get taller than me???
Oh to be back and soak it all up again...Guess I better start saving up flying points for another trip!
G.G.














No comments:

Post a Comment