Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Catching up with old friends and seeing the old house......

Visiting with friends was one of the things we had a struggle doing while on our vacation.  Both my kids had friends they wanted to see but didn't get to see and yet we did catch up with a few...These two young ladies were like family to us when we lived in New Jersey....My son's first friend is the lovely young woman in pink...All the birthday parties and celebrations of years gone by....So we were so glad to see them!
The other partner in crime from baby days on....We were glad to get together with this young man too...He was also out visiting at the same time...It's hard to believe how fast these children have grown up...I have enjoyed looking at some old photo's and in a future blog I will share some with them as little kids...
While I have made new friends in Utah I don't think any of them could take the place of my good friends from New Jersey...We spent all those baby days together...All the play group times...Walking the malls...and finding reasons to get together for lunch...Was so glad to be back with my friends even if it was for just a short time!
The old house looked pretty much the same... Some of the plants that I  planted are still growing...
The whole back yard is fenced in now....I don't know why that bothers me...My yard here is fenced in...But there was something about the kids running around the whole yard that was nice...Oh well....
We went out to breakfast with some of my husbands friends...Here are some of Sherlock's "Watson's"...As I would call them... the ones who love old cars as much as him and are always calling him when they need help fixing something...

I wonder when we will see these people again...Will these young teens meet again in college...Will their lives cross again someday down the road?  I hope so....
G.G.






No comments:

Post a Comment