Friday, August 7, 2015

Dukes Park....Time to walk our favorite trails....

Dukes park has tons of bike and walking trails when you go down the trails it's as if you are leaving the world behind.
When the kids were young we always fed the fish and then headed down the path next to the canal....We would try to name the different plants and tree's that we walked by and observe the wildlife too.
My Daughter is always the leader...She always wants to be the first down the trail....


I like to stay in the back...my reason is that there are sometimes snakes on the trail and this way someone else sees them first and sometimes the child in my husband likes to throw rocks into the bushes if he is behind me and then pretend they are snakes and really I don't want to be laughed at for jumping and screaming....
This was where we went when we needed to think and be away from the world....We spent many months before moving walking this path talking about what changes we needed to make and then deciding to move...This was our quiet get away when traveling to the beach was not an option.
Hard to believe my son is almost as tall as his dad. We loved being back and having the park almost to ourselves it has more people at it on the weekend.
Looking at the Raritan River....I don't remember always having a fence...People go fishing here.
This butterfly was really far away from me...It was cool to see how my zoom lens worked.
This is the type of butterfly that would visit my garden in New Jersey....It's like an old friend has come to visit...I also think perhaps it's a sign from those who have crossed to the other side...They have come on vacation with us...
This vacation was so nice for my husband because it allowed him to have time to relax in his favorite places..both our jobs are very busy and require lots of energy...We turned off our phones, told no one that we were leaving and spent almost two weeks without any cares in the world.  We let ourselves get carried away by our surroundings, soaking in everything...
Race me...Race me...my daughter pleads with her brother...no...no I don't want to race...Oh do it for old times sake....Go...She thinks she is going to win.... she has been running with friends everyday while he has been inside animating...She forgets how much taller and how much longer his legs are than hers....The victory dance of my son has us all laughing....years ago it would be no laughing matter...they have grown up so quickly...
My husband can not get enough of the New Jersey air, the green surrounding him, the perfect weather, the feeling of no demands....to be in your element....
Time to leave....With only a few days to spend in New Jersey we must move on....I am enjoying watching my family love being back....I realize while I like New Jersey it was never home to me....I never totally fit in...I never let my roots take hold and never felt a great love for it...It's a nice place but it's not my element..not my deep desire...
G.G.










No comments:

Post a Comment