Monday, August 10, 2015

A walk in Raritan New Jersey.....

After our adventure at Dukes park we decided to walk the streets of our old home town Raritan New Jersey...
Our first stop was "As You Like it Ice Cream Shop"  where you can get the best milk shakes....Yes we traveled 2000 miles to get milk shakes that you can drink through a straw!  My family likes thin milk shakes...
When we lived in Raritan we would take walks almost weekly in the summer to the "As You Like It Ice Cream Shop"...Then after eating our ice cream we would walk around town...This is one of those places that the kids really miss..
As we walked down the streets of our old home town we looked in the windows of all the old stores we would visit and noticed all the changes...We even got a chance to have a photo taken with the Pope....
Walking past our favorite Chinese restaurant we met up with the local armed forces recruiter..
We visited the best Library in the world where you can keep books out late and not get fees....I bought a book from their book sale as I'm collecting books with ocean themes for our ocean themed living room...Then we walked past the EMS station...Cool old ambulance...The car is calling to my husband...
Then we went over the railroad tracks and past our old house...It looks very much like it did when we sold it...Some of my flowers are still growing...We visited with some old neighbors...
I was sad to see the yard all fenced in...I guess the new owner has dogs....Oh well...I have to say I love my new house with central air conditioning....I don't miss the hot sweaty nights in the old house....
We then crossed back over the railroad tracks and headed to Pizza Brothers...Our favorite New Jersey Pizza place.....
People in Utah just can't get pizza right....I realized one thing the pizza in New Jersey has this layer of grease on top of it that you just don't get in Utah.....I'm not sure why.....  I wonder did my husband ask for plain pizza or cheese pizza...In Utah you get this blank stare when you ask for a slice of plain pizza....
Can you see the layer of grease on this pizza....The perfection of Cheese and tomato sauce and the perfect crust???....Pure Pizza Bliss.....
There are all the secret ingredients to perfect pizza....someone out in Utah please figure this out....
What I have learned is sometimes the best places to get food are little places...Whenever we visit Raritan again we will have more Pizza Brothers Pizza....We ate so much food on this vacation....I still two weeks later do not feel very hungry....
G.G.















No comments:

Post a Comment