Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Visiting with family on our vacation.....Some horrible photos.....

Part of our visit to New Jersey was stopping by the cemetery to see where my Father-in-Law's grave site is....When we told my husbands family we took photo's they all gave us a very weird look...Perhaps the genealogist in me doesn't see the issue...I'm always collecting photo's of tombstones....The kids have walked lots of cemeteries with me...The sad part was that the kids and I never got to say goodbye...My husband got to see his dad a month before he died...But the rest of us never got to really say goodbye....So in away this was our time to say goodbye...Even though I don't believe he is there... Or perhaps he was there, I think he was with us and we just couldn't see him..

We kind of joked about having these be our Christmas card photos....But this year we are going to have our family photo's taken so this really won't be it....These actually are pretty good photo's of us....The scary ones come next...
Pizza night with my husbands family...The only way to salvage the photo's was to make them black and white...There was terrible lighting and well you can see for yourself....I joked with my husband as we looked at them that perhaps the bright light behind them was his dad's spirit....Shining from the other side...Hey I'm here with you all what a great party....Get me my drink please! Oh Dear they don't want to hear that story...
This one is a little better. ..That will teach me to buy a new camera the day before I go on vacation and not know how it works....
It was interesting to see how much my kids have grown compared to their cousin...I wish we could have seen all the cousins together....Oh well...I also wish I had my mother in law stand....Not sure why everyone wanted her to sit....
I wonder if we will get another trip....or if this was the last one? 
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment