Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Dream of a Vacation...Where it all began...

Last April my parents came to visit us...They talked about how their trip only cost them $70.00 because they used a credit card that earned flying miles...After thinking about the possibility of earning plane tickets the dream of an East Coast Vacation entered my mind....
If I could earn enough points to get free plane tickets...I could afford a trip.... And so I opened a airline credit card and put all the bills I normal pay for each month on it...then paid them off...
By October of last year we had 3 airline tickets earned....The plan was working so well...If I could even just have 4 of the 8 tickets needed we could do our trip...And things looked good...And so the kids and my husband joined in on the "Vacation Dream"...
As we went on family walks and ate dinner together we talked about all the things we would do on vacation...We would visit family..We would see old friends..We would have trips to our favorite parks...Eat our favorite foods..We would spend a day or two at the beach...We would drive the 7 hours to Vermont..(it actually isn't a 7 hour drive...we must have stopped a lot when the kids were young..)..We would climb mountains...bake with my mother....We would eat like kings and queens in Vermont because my Dad is the best cook...

Oh to dream Vacation dreams....The reality of November was not so good...My husbands Dad got sick...and there went 2 plane tickets...We still have two....The reality of February was worse my husbands Dad died...We have 1 plane ticket left....I watched my family...How could I take a vacation dream away after going through this loss...The tickets were what made the dream possible....

Then I read a quote...Not sure where but it said..."Don't be so Busy making a living that you forget to Live"... All we have been doing the past 4 years has been making a living....Working...Paying bills...Working...Yes we have done little things but we haven't felt like we were living...We needed this dream and this vacation....And so despite it all we decided to still go...
So I'll share with you in quiet a few more blogs all about our vacation....From the dream to the reality.....And somethings I've learned on the way....I took 677 photos ......I wish I had taken even more....But it will have to last till the next vacation....
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment