Thursday, August 6, 2015

Dukes Park...Time to feed the Fish and Turtles....

The first trip we made in New Jersey was to visit our favorite park..Dukes Park..... We got a picnic lunch at Subway and the funny thing was they had a coke that said "Share a Coke with Kimberly"  So even though I'm trying hard to stay away from soda...I had to get it...
When the kids were young we would meet with friends for play dates at this park...As they got older we would go and walk the trails...I always envisioned us eventually bringing bikes to the park and riding along all the trails and then having a picnic....It is a beautiful park.
My husband sharing a coke with me...He was so happy to be back in New Jersey...All the green and trees....
We sat in the shade next to the Raritan River...and had a great lunch....and made a lot of Sub jokes for my son to draw.
Time to feed the fish and turtles.....
What lives in the murky green water...Can you see the big turtle and fish?  The turtles are pretty slow compared to the fish ....we would throw a piece of bread in for the turtle and before he could get to it a dozen fish would appear and eat it first....We loved feeding the fish everyday in summers past...
What I always loved when going for a walk at dukes park was you always saw cool animals...And we were so glad to see them all again on our trip...
I got to practice using the zoom lens on my new camera too....We had great weather during our trip it was perfect not too hot and not too humid...I'm very thankful for that....

G.G.







No comments:

Post a Comment