Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Garden in August.....

August is here...It's my favorite month I love the cool mornings and then the hot afternoons.  I love the excitement of going back to school and I love the colors that come to my garden.  I went out and got some Mum plants for the garden.
Here are some of the Zinnia's that I planted.  In New Jersey I planted these in the garden between my house and our neighbor who lived in the house next to our yard.  She loved Zinnias.
I love the different colors that Mums come in...Hopefully these new plants will survive the winter and I'll have them for next year too.  Mums seem to be able to tolerate the hot summer months in Utah.
I love spending time in the garden in the morning...It brings a nice calm beginning to my day.
I was hoping to have a lot of Cosmos this year but for some reason they did not do well.  I only have a few flowers so far...


More Mum plants....and forks...Can't keep that cat out of my garden this year!
My outdoor Hen's and Chicks...I have taken a bunch of the chicks and planted them in the house to grow over the winter...Someday I want a big Hen's and Chick garden....
This field is being zoned for something...What a beautiful view...I wish they would have to put a park here or very small houses....I dread the day they start building in it....But at least for almost 4 years I have had this great view.
I realized as I was thinking about life...My garden of flowers may not feed my body....But it sure feeds my soul....How is your garden doing?
G.G.






1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Excellent work. I really appreciate to your quality work. I hope for more help best garden fork for clay soil will best.

    ReplyDelete