Monday, August 3, 2015

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane.......An Adventure of Planes,Buses, and Automobiles......

I had to work the whole weekend before leaving for vacation...So I had to pack before I went to work.  The night before I left I was saying to my co-workers..."I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane.."  I really only know that much of the song...I guess the from what they were saying the song is actually sad...But I was very excited to be going on a long vacation...Since working full time I have not taken more than a few days off...All the other supervisors take whole weeks off....me I take a few days....I kept wondering what I was doing wrong...Then I learned about buying vacation time...So this January I bought extra vacation time...I think even though I've been gone from work for almost two weeks I still have another week!  My supervisor at first was OK with this long vacation...And then he was not OK....Next year Kimberly you can't take two weeks off at the same time...I was Glad to be gone though as it was the end of the month and crazy!
So Goodbye mountains of Utah! 
Goodbye crazy road construction...Want a job out in Utah...go into road construction they are always changing the roads...my commute to work changes everyday... because every night they change the road just a little bit.  I'll be glad when this is over...

Hello Airport..On the way out to New Jersey we were lucky and got the TSA-Pre- passes so we didn't have to take our shoes off, or belts...We had the free pass through security...We got to the airport early and had lunch and then waited to spend a day on planes.  We would fly from Salt Lake City to Colorado and then from Colorado to Newark New Jersey....A whole day of travel...Pretty much 3 days of our vacation was just travel whether it was on planes or in cars....Get out the Sea bands...
It was fun to watch for the plane, and watch what all the people who work at the airport do to the plane before you get on.  Airports are like little worlds that only workers and travelers are allowed to be in...I wonder what they were like before all the technology...I watched people talking on their phones, working on their computers, playing video games....what did we do before all the computers took over...I guess read books and used pay phones...
Here is our Traveling Totoro...He is ready for an adventure of grand proportions....watch for him in future blog posts....The kids laughed a lot about me making this part of our trip....
The Colorado airport had this cool indoor garden. You felt like you were in a little city...I could never figure out what was near this airport...It seemed like you were out in the middle of nowhere....
At work I was saying that I had good tickets and my family would be able to sit together and have good seats.  One of the customers was shaking his head saying don't count on that.  But we did end up being able to sit together on all our flights.  That is the one thing I like about the Southwest flights you get to choose your seats...As long as you are in the A ticket range you will do well....That is why I don't understand why you would ever pay the higher price...I always chose the wanna get away deal and still got to sit with my family.  My husband kept picking the seat by the wing.  Kind of cool photo though.
When we got to Newark New Jersey our first stop was the Dunkin Donuts shop....The kids and my husband breathed in the water saturated air of the east coast...Can't you feel the difference?  The thick humid air....I prefer the Utah air really....It was dark out...Almost midnight and we had to figure out how to get to the rental car station...I was hoping we could take the train there but it was closed for repairs...So instead of a planes...Trains...and automobile adventure we had a planes...buses...and automobile adventure...The bus ride was crazy...but finally we got our rental car and we were off to Nana's house....A whole day of traveling behind us!
G.G.









No comments:

Post a Comment