Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Morning Walk With My Mother....It's always nice to have time with my Mom to talk about life....

I wanted to get as much walking in on our trip as possible so that when I returned to work my legs would not ache for days...At work I walk about 9 miles a day, it seems whenever I get to one side of the store someone needs me at the other side...So my Mom and I got up early one morning to walk what we call the big loop.  Totoro came with us but everyone else slept in.

We walked up Rogers hill road...Then took Rabbit Track...Here is the bridge or what is left of it with the little brook that we would visit when I was a child.  It's cool and misty out and quiet..Perhaps there are the spirits of our ancestors walking with us...
This is the Old Goshen Church...My husband loves this building...I can only wonder who went to this church way back in the 1830's when it was first built.  They do have meeting in it during the summer my husband got to go to one once.  Perhaps some of my Ancestors went to it....I'll have to check and see...
We walked up the back of Rogers Hill Road to the top of the mountain where you find the Rogers family farm...I wonder if their family was one of the first families to settle up here and how long there has been a farm on the top of the mountain.... When I was young they had lots of cow out in the fields.. Now many of their field have houses in them...
We then walked down Rogers Hill Road, crossing from Newbury into Bradford again...Passed one of my favorite little farm stands and contemplated walking down another road and making the loop even bigger...But time was pressing us as visitors were coming so we choose to walk back to my parents house...

Summer and Fall are wonderful times to visit Vermont there are so many beautiful places to see...If you go in the winter you better like cold and skiing or some other outdoor sport....Otherwise its just too cold....
I so enjoyed my time with my Mom....Not sure when we will get back.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment