Friday, September 18, 2015

Blueberry Picking in New Hampshire.....

My Parents used to have a ginormous blueberry bush at their house...Every August we would visit and help pick blueberries and then after eating tons off the plant we would make blueberry pie...blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes....This year their plants had been transplanted and moved and not producing blueberries...So we drove to New Hampshire to pick some....
If you have never been to Vermont or New Hampshire....If you are a true city dweller there is one thing you need to know if you ever visit...When a Vermonter says that it's just a short drive...Their version of a short drive is different than yours....A half hour to the nearest grocery store is a short drive....( I often laugh when people tell me they live so far from the store and really its like ten minutes away...I think they have no clue!) So if you have any type of motion sickness issues...(which my daughter and I suffer from)...Make sure you take your Dramamine or wear sea bands...Yes this short drive was not quiet that short Mom!  But the view is beautiful...
This blueberry farm was huge...The blueberries where huge...The kids loved it!
The house near the blueberry patch had a garden growing on it...I thought that was pretty cool.

There were so many berries it did not take long to have enough for pie and muffins and pancakes ( I really wanted pancakes :(  but didn't get them) and freezing.
After all that hard work we needed some ice cream....My favorite is Maple Walnut!

If you are ever out in New Hampshire in late July the address for the Blueberry farm in the photo above and here is a flash back when we just stayed at my parents and picked from their big bush of blueberries.
Yum!
G.G.









No comments:

Post a Comment