Monday, September 14, 2015

Walking the Boardwalk....Manasquan Beach Part 2...

..
So the first part of our beach day was walking along all our favorite spots on the boardwalk.  The first stop was walking by The Fisherman's Cove.....Ah the memories that must have filled my husbands head...Before this was a conservation area one of his good friends families owned a bait shop here....I think he spent many a night out in this area and I'm not sure I want to know all the stories...
Here is the new conservation building....It used to be a little bait shop with a porch on the back...I think on our second date my husband took me down here and we watched the sun set from this building...It was beautiful...My husband has a hard time with change and the loss of this old hang out was hard for him...I'll have to share photo's from when it was a bait shop.  I think we came home with an old framed photo of it....
Next stop was Carlson's Corner....We ate so much food on this trip.  This was the before dinner snack...Onion rings and milk shakes...Milk shakes in New Jersey are the best says my family, because you can drink them...
We took a photo of this quiet a few years back so had to get it updated.  Can't believe how big the kids have grown.
Again I'm so thankful for the awesome weather we had...I had made a vision board up of how I wanted our vacation to go and focused on that....They all laughed at me and my crazy ideas but hey the vacation worked just as I dreamed it!
Totoro is ready for some snacks!
Yum!  The only thing I can say is that if we lived in New Jersey we would not be able to afford the beach trips we did when the kids were young....It cost so much to buy the food...$50.00 or more for burgers and fries with drinks ugh!
Here is a very happy man!
Up on the boardwalk...Down by the sea....One thing that has changed is there are no dunes....You could see all the way down to the ocean...This is one of the changes since Hurricane Sandy...
So we decided to walk all the way to the end of the boardwalk......We wanted to see if the boat park survived ...
It didn't survive...There was a small children's park but it was not as cool as the old boat playground!
This has always been my favorite beach front house...I wonder what it looks like in the inside...


We didn't eat at Gee Gee's pizza place, but it changed a lot since Sandy...It used to be all on the ground and now it is raised up...We loved the pizza from this place...We just love New Jersey pizza.....Well next up getting our toes in the sand.
G.G.










No comments:

Post a Comment