Friday, September 25, 2015

Let's not say goodbye....Let's say see you soon and hope soon isn't years from now.....

I'm a Family Historian and one thing I see as I trace the branches of my family tree is families that move great distances...Why did my first ancestors leave Scotland?  Were they Jacobite's?  Why did my ancestors decide to move from Massachusetts and Vermont to places like Nebraska and Iowa?  Was it the promise of more land? Will my great grand children wonder why we moved from New Jersey to Utah?  Sometimes I wonder why it happened.  Back in time there were no phones, computers, e-mail, text messages...When you left you had little contact.  At least now I can be in contact with my family everyday...But it was still hard to leave...No one wants to say goodbye...No one wants to see the others cry...My daughter is curled up in the back seat with the saddest face...This is how all our trips to Vermont would end...Somewhere along the trip home she will perk up but that long drive down the mountain is the saddest drive....So lets not say goodbye...Let's say we will see you soon....How soon...I'm not sure about that...We will see photo's on facebook...We will talk and e-mail....At least we have that....
Even Totoro is a bit blue this morning...The drive to the airport is a long drive and the unfortunate thing is we got lost...I got car sick....And it is just the first bit of travel the day is just starting we have miles more to go..We are sad to leave, but anxious to get home....Our little cat is on our mind...The fact that we will have to go back to work soon, and all the unpacking and sorting through a week and a half of mail is beginning to weigh on me...
Finally at the Airport, leaving the rental car behind...I am not feeling well...And the fact that we now have 7 hours of flying ahead of us is not making me feel too happy...I loved getting the texts from the airline when my Vacation was around the corner....I'm not so happy to be getting the reminders that my vacation is ending...I'm glad we left early and have plenty of time go through security and then have something to eat before flying home...I can say we had a great vacation....I look forward to planning another one...But unfortunately it won't be that soon....
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment