Thursday, December 16, 2010

What Caused the Grinch to Hate Christmas?

My question today why did the Grinch hate Christmas? And Why did Scrooge say BA HUMBUG? I want to get the book a Christmas Carol and read it. Isn't that bad that I never have read this classic tale. In watching the video of "Where Are You Christmas" it made me wonder, what did cause the Grinch to be so sour about Christmas. I've never seen the movie. I've always watched the cartoon one though. I think something about all the noise made the Grinch cringe. I have to say that out in retail land most people are in a good mood. Do they like waiting in line? No, but for the most part they are happy when they get to the register. Those who have

no line feel like they won the lottery. If they feel they are saving money they are over joyed. I have to say the best Christmas present I could receive would be knowing I have a job after Christmas. I received a letter asking if I was interested in staying on, and so I'm hopeful that means they will keep me. If not, I will get up and go out and look for another job. It's hard to believe that next month will mark a year since learning I was losing the job I loved. And in February I'll have blogged for a whole year. I don't think I've hit on anything spectacular, as I don't have many comments. But it has been a


good way to just let out my frustrations.
Starting in January I hope to give you tips and let you know about how I'm doing with living without credit cards. My husband has joined me on this idea. He may have to use his card for awhile to pay for gas, but I hope to find a way to completely stop our usage. We have both promised to discuss all purchases that are to go on the cards. I hope you like these silly photo's of my children with Christmas ornaments in front of their eyes. It made me giggle looking at them. I had totally forgot I took these last year. We had such a great laugh.
Moments of Joy: Napping with my husband. We don't see much of each other lately and last night we were both home for the evening as I had a morning shift. So we both crashed on the couch while listening to the children play their instruments. Customers who remember me from when I worked at the bank. One customer saw me and shouted "Kimmy! It's so good to see you." That they remembered me from 13 years ago is amazing.
Thankful for: Good health.
So do you know why the Grinch is so set against Christmas? Or why Scrooge was so cranky? Let me know I'd like the answer. If you have the book "A Christmas Carol" I'd love to barrow it. I refuse to buy books any more. Part of my no using credit cards is not buying what you can barrow. Got to get my life down to just the basic needs. Perhaps in all this I'll become a slow millionaire. although I've never had the desire to be rich. I don't really want more than the little I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment