Friday, December 24, 2010

If you go shopping the night before the night before Christmas....


If you go shopping the night before the night before Christmas.... Don't expect to find what you are looking for unless you are buying extra large men's underwear. Don't expect the store to have boxes, and don't be cranky if you can't get wrapping paper. Remember that you have decided to shop at the last minute and there have been hundreds if not thousands of people in the store before you. They have loaded their carts up with all the good stuff and left you what no one really wants. The Christmas stuff that is left is what no one else picked, the wrapping paper if any is really pretty lame, and most of the items in the store are the new spring items that are to come out the day after Christmas. So please don't shout and scream at the store employees, they have been working long shifts, and have no control over what is left. Just remember if you choose to shop last you get what is left!
I am not getting what I want for Christmas. What I want can not be bought at a store, it can not be found at the mall. What I want for Christmas is a healthy family. And guess what today my daughter woke up sick. Yes we have a case of the barfs in the house. I'm disinfecting all over the place. We were supposed to go visit a friend. My Son has been hoping to see his friend who is in town from California, but that is now not going to happen. My poor daughter is hoping to feel better by tonight so she can have some of our special Christmas eve dinner. I'm not sure that is going to happen. I just hope tomorrow morning she feels better.
Moment of Joy: Sleeping in. Helping customers feel what they are buying is a good choice. Having a moment to visit with my husband.
Thankful for: All the many friends who have supported us this year as the trials of new jobs, and less income have been upon us. We have such a great group of friends they have been so kind and generous to us. God has blessed us in so many good ways. I'm thankful I don't work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment