Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's a Two to Three Job world out there!

As I become used to working my one part-time job I meet more and more people who are working two jobs. Some work two job's to equal a full time job, and some are working one full time job and one part time job. Some are even working three jobs. I have not figured out how you get everything to work correctly. It must be that with your full time job you work days, and your part time job you work nights and weekends. Still I think I'd be completely wiped out by the end of the week. In fact some of the people I work with look tired and worn out. I thought that with all the computers and such that people would be working less. Or I think in the
Past that was the hope. Yes people are working less, but only because they can't find 40 hour jobs. There are so many things that can keep the average person from the full time job. You could have lack of experience, or you could be over qualified. Some poor woman who wrote into the local paper had a poor credit rating. Why because she lost her job and then couldn't pay all the bills on time. Other people don't have the right college degree, or no college degree. The sad fact is many people want to work, are willing to work, but can't find one job that will help them meet their needs. I can't even say that what they want is extravagant. I think they just want to


have a house, a car that works, groceries, and be able to help their children with school, college or other activities. I can't say I'm ready to work two jobs yet. As I work what I feel are swing shifts, one night to midnight the next day a morning shift. When I have a morning off, I'm sleeping. I can't think that I'd get up and go to another job. Perhaps though I need to toughen up. And who knows in the future I just may have too.
My husbands job is going well this week. He is getting good hours, he is learning how to use more of the equipment and he is also doing the on-line training. The move to the different shop has helped ease his stress, and he seems to be doing well. Of course I can't say I see much of him as I'm walking out the door as he is walking in. He is not to happy about this, but we owe, we owe so it is off to work we both go. I know that we will eventually get on a better schedule. Right now though we are rowing as much as we can.
So the question: Are you a two to three job worker? If so how do you do it?
Project Joy: Sleeping until 11:00am, quiet time with my cat. Making scarves and hat's (hope to show you photo's soon.) Time with my children.
Thankful moment: Having a great mother - in- law who is there when I can not be. Having a husband who loves me and is working so hard to provide for our family. Making so many wonderful friends at my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment