Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Scarves For Sale!

One thing I like to do on my spare time is Crochet. I taught my self how to crochet a few years ago. Since then I have made scarves and hats, and I'm working on my first blanket. I gave a few of my scarves to some friends this year and one of them thought I should try to make a business selling them. I'm not quite sure that would be achievable, but my one friend did buy two of the scarves in this photo. Most people like the white multi colored scarf. My favorite is the burgundy and green one. My mom has ordered a blue one for her birthday. I'm also making a few for my nieces this year for Christmas. The book I used to learn how to crochet was " Crochet, Learn to crochet six great projects" by KLUTZ books. The author was Anne Akers Johnson. The other book I use often is " Getting Started : Crochet" by Judith L. Swartz. The pattern for the scarves is in this book.

I Crochet as a form of stress relief. I must be a little stressed as I've made quiet a few scarves lately.

Actually right now I'm working on another white multi colored scarf. I got into this because of a blanket I always snuggle under at my parents house. My great grandmother made it, and I always wanted to try to make one too. I've learned though that blankets take a lot of work compared to scarves.

My husband did not make very many hours last week, I think about 17. And this week does not look much better. Although I think he gets to sit and take tests at work for the next two days which is good. He really is staying at the job in hopes of getting all the training. Our church is going to help us with food. This takes a bit of stress off of me. As I sat and did the budget I realized with my husbands decreasing hours that we are beginning to fall short on the income side. With the help of food instead of falling short about $700.00 a month we are going to fall short about $200.00 a month. I plan on cashing in an old investment and pay off our small credit card bills and my sons orthodontist bill. This will then hopefully put us debt free for awhile. It will also give us a little cushion too. While you may seem to want to feel sorry for me and my family, realize that we are in no way as badly off as others. We are not behind on any bills, and we do have a small savings. Others I know are struggling so much more and do not have the support that we have. And so even though we are struggling along at this point we are still very blessed.

Here is the song I'm memorizing: "When Faith Endures."

"I will not doubt, I will not fear; God's love and strength are always near. His promised gift helps me to find An inner strength and peace of mind. I give the Father willingly my trust, my prayers, humility. His spirit guides; his love assures that fear departs when faith endures."


I taught the teens at my church this weekend about Daniel from the old testament. I never realized what a strong person Daniel was. No matter what Daniel did what the Lord wanted him to do first. As my husband and I go through our trials I'm constantly in the mind frame of staying faithful. My husband was quiet upset last night over his work situation. I said to him you need to remain faithful through this. Do all the Lord ask of you, be as strong as you can. I know in doing this I will be blessed. And sometimes as I sit alone I ask God " how much stronger do you need me to be.?"

Moments of Joy: Hear someone say my name. (sounds odd doesn't. But at work so many people are so nice to me, and they all know my name. And sometimes a customer will thank me as they are leaving and they will say my name as they thank me and it just brings me such a sense of joy.) Teaching the teens at Church. I love to hear what they have to say, and get an idea of where they are faith wise. They have so many hurdles. I'm thankful I volunteered to be a sub. Working. I love it. Next week I work 41 hours. It will be interesting to see how I survive. Going to 4H with my daughter.

What I'm thankful for: All the wonderful people I work with. My in laws. My friends. Help when we need it. My cat. I'm not sure I'm thankful for my trials yet, but I'm working on that.

So would you like to buy a scarf?


No comments:

Post a Comment