Friday, December 17, 2010

I Need A Silent Night! (Great song by Amy Grant)

I heard a great song in the car this morning as I was trying to find a store that sold batteries for my house phone. I refuse to buy a new phone, and fear the rechargeable battery is on it's last legs. I've gone to Staples, and Wal-mart. I guess next week I will try target, and maybe Amazon.com. I just refuse to buy another phone! Any way the song "I Need A Silent Night." by Amy Grant. You have to click on the link and listen and look at the U tube photo's it's great and it shows what we are all doing wrong.
Lines and shopping at crazy hours. I got home around 1am last night. Yes people actually shop until 12:00pm at night and if we didn't announce


That the store was closing they would be there even longer. Most people who came to my line after 9:00pm were just tired. I find that they are all very cranky. Many were also concerned for me and wanted to know if I was tired. I said "No". But then I spend most of my day napping. Which I will doing again as soon as I'm done this entry. So please if you decide to shop late and you are tired and get stuck waiting in a line and then the item you are purchasing rings up the wrong price, "Take a deep breath" and be calm. Don't get all hot and bothered and crabby at the poor cashier who has no control over


pricing of products and can't possibly know the price of every product in the store. All will be solved with out the need of being rude, cranky and miserable. Here is a link to a good article "The 7 deadly sins of Holiday shopping"
Being on the cashier side I see it all. But what amazes me the most is how many credit cards people have. I'm just even more determined not to use them next year. It seems that some people will have 10 to 20 credit cards. WOW! How do you pay all those bills. Ugh. Just my 3 cause me enough grief.

I hope you like these night time photo's to go with the theme. Every year in the summer we try to catch the fire works on the beach. It is great. Not silent like my title, but still wonderful. When my children were young they would just ooh, and Ah. I love the beach.
Moment of Joy: Sleeping most of the morning away. Having a customer compliment me on how calm I am, and a co-worker tell me how sweet I am.
Thankful for: Sleep,Food,receiving Christmas Cards, my husband having a training day that pays 8 hours. May he get many more in the weeks to come.
Hope you all get a Silent Night this Christmas to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas, which is the Gift of God's Son.




No comments:

Post a Comment