Friday, December 3, 2010

He Likes Old Cars With Big Motors.

Here are some photo's of the cars in our life. My Husband being a Master Auto Mechanic. Loves old cars that he can tinker with. First up is our now in the Junk yard B.M. W. (Big Mormon Wagon) We would take this camping each year. It was a huge gas guzzler. When gas prices went up we decided perhaps we should get a more fuel efficient car. The kids are still upset that this car went. They liked to ride in the back seat looking out the back window. When thunderstorms came during camp outs it was nice to crawl into. I think the neighbors were happy to see it go though. It was quite the eye sore. But hey I think we paid $600.00 for it and it lasted for at least 5 years.



This is the Volvo that I've always wanted. It was a free car this year. My husband thinks it gets great gas mileage. I can't wait to try driving it. I have always liked Volvo cars. My husband just needs to fix the breaks. When you get a free car expect to put a little money into it. It needed a new windshield and breaks and maybe a new water pump. But if it last a few years with no car payment well that would be great!






Here is a photo of an engine. I'm not sure what it is, but I think my husband rebuilt it. He loves to work with engines. In fact we have a neighbor who races cars. For the last two years my husband has provided him with help with his engines. The guy has come in 2nd quite a bit. He thinks my husband is the best. Of course a little more money for the help would be nice. But for my husband the challenge of fixing an engine, and hearing it roar, and watching a car beat the odds just is wonderful.




This is the car that spent years in our back yard. My husband owned it for 20 plus years. People knew him because of the car. I think in his young years he got into a lot of trouble with this car. It never ran while we were together. My husband had always hoped to finish it again and drive it. But we ended up needing a new chimney a few years back and he sold the car to pay for it. It was pretty sick the amount of money he got for a car that had pieces spread all over our house and my husbands old bosses warehouse. The person who bought it also could not keep it due to




financial reasons. It ended up with another person who sent this photo of it finished. I'm not sure if they kept the super motor or not. It is a very nice car all finished. My husband has one other car. A Chevy Biscayne 454 big block. I need to find a photo of it to show you. We got married in that car. It has a monster motor, and I get terrified riding with him. he is thinking of selling it. I hope things work out so he doesn't, but the expense of running the car is huge. Gas just isn't as cheap anymore.

Alan Jackson has a cool song about Cars. I think it is called "The car repair song." We like to hear that. Any way I always thought my husband would be happy being in the mechanic field again. And I think that right now he is moving towards that. He loves to fix cars, engines are his favorite. He is actually loving learning about the new car technology too. I wish he could have gone to school to be a mechanical engineer. He would have been wonderful at that. He is just an extremely bright and great person.

Joy's of the Day: Snuggling under the blankets with kitty. Having some quiet moments to reflect and think about all the good things I have. Making home made spaghetti sauce. It smells so good.

Thankful thoughts: I'm thankful for my Mother in law. She often is there to help support me when I'm feeling down. I'm thankful for a warm house, and for friends and family. I'm thankful for two days off to rest. I'm thankful for a husband who doesn't mind if the house isn't perfectly clean.

What are you thankful for? What Joy did you experience today?



No comments:

Post a Comment