Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Our winter walks. Taking time to enjoy the season of winter.

This winter we went on several winter walks.  Our first winter walk was in November when we went to the Thanksgiving Point Luminaria lights display.  I was wise this year and wore wool socks and warm boots.  Last year we did not stay long because my feet got cold really fast.
Luminaria is not just a lights show, there is also music and
certain areas have holiday scents. This area smelled like peppermint.


Now that's a big reindeer.

I love how they decorated the carousel.

This reminds me of the "Christmas with the Kranks" movie.
The snow man is a little sinister looking if you ask me.

I still think that this area would make a great sledding hill.
We also spent many afternoons walking around Utah lake.
We have enjoyed seeing the changes that happen at the lake during the different
seasons.




We have also gone to The Great Salt Lake a few times.
I'm hoping to go to different areas around the lake this spring and summer and see
the different birds.


We have been enjoying our winter walks and 
learning more about Utah and just finding time to be away from
the crazy rat race the world seems to want everyone to run in.
What things have you done to enjoy winter?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment