Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Mom of a Missionary. Emails from Mexico, March 11, 2019.

Work like you've never worked before!!

Hello, Family and friends! Elder Bowlby here.

This week, we did a LOT of work. We basically hammered through every day we could.

So, we managed to talk to 143 people again (yes!) and THEN we also managed on top of that 22 lessons. And finally on top of that, we had investigators in sacrament meeting after almost a month without people coming! Woah!! Things went well for us, but we were SUPER tired at the end of it all. We invited so many people to come but in the end, we were very happy with the two that came.

Hey, time is moving fast! The more we work, the faster time goes. It's quite interesting. It's already the 11th of March. I constantly pray for the strength to keep on track, because there are lots of distractions coming my way. Other things are starting to bombard my mind, because not only college is coming soon, but the reality that I will have to keep progressing spiritually too! I have many tasks, and I'll have to get organized... but I'm not worried.

Here's a scripture that called my attention during my weekly studies:
It's 3rd Nephi 24:13-18. It's a bit long but I recieved an interesting message.

Christ here is quoting Malachi to the Nephites.

13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the Lord. Yet ye say: What have we spoken against thee?  

14 Ye have said: It is vain to serve God, and what doth it profit that we have kept his ordinances and that we have walked mournfully before the Lord of Hosts?

15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another, and the Lord hearkened and heard; and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of Hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

I believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to us when we read the scriptures. We often might understand a scripture in a way that speaks personally to us. This scripture reminded me to not complain in the Lord's service. Perhaps we might complain, saying that it's difficult and unrewarding to follow the commandments when the rest of the world beckons... but we need to remember and think constantly about God and Christ. Sometimes, yes! We suffer, even in the Lord's service, but we need not speak forcefully against God. Count your many blessings.

Well, I love you all, and I hope you're staying strong! Pronto I will see you all again. Keep working hard! I will too.

-Elder Bowlby
Only 2 emails left.  The surprise this week was that we actually did have a phone call home.  How nice to hear my sons voice if only for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment